On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Ulrich Klauer wrote: > > > Thus, my proposal is to use MXE for building a new 14.4.1 (or > 14.4.1.1, or 14.4.1a) Windows binary that includes flac and sndfile > support; and probably for later releases as well. I could turn > mingwbuild into an mxebuild that automates the build process (for MXE, > then for SoX using MXE). I guess I could also build the whole Windows > package myself, if necessary/preferred by Chris. > I guess the person submitting the most patches should also be calling the shots. :-) Sounds promising solution. I especially like how it downloads everything so we can move between build computers much faster. Can you tell MXE to build and prefer static libraries so that we can ship a minimal of DLL's? Its not a show stopper if we don't but it does reduce some run-time issues. How about do as you suggest and create a mxebuild and we can support them in parallel for at least a release and if its successful then we can switch to only way. Chris