2017-11-19 0:12 GMT+01:00 Eric Wong : > Jaromír Mikeš wrote: > > Hi, > > > > we found little problem in sox man pages please consider use attached > patch. > > The warning said "table wider than line width" > > Sure, no objections to the actual patch, here. > > > I'm curious how you generate the patch, since the headers seem > machine-generated, but it's clearly not from "git format-patch" > ​I got patch from gabor.karsay@gmx.at as attachment ( without a header ) I added a header dep-3 header (manually) http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/ maybe if I would use this result would be better? $quilt header --dep3 -e > > Personally, I don't mind patch attachments at all (though some > people do and prefer inline patches) > > However, "git format-patch" allows us to use "git am" to apply the > patch while preserve authorship and commit message information, > making life easier for folks applying the patches :) > ​I will investigate git format-patch ​to understand how to make thing easier for upstream. Nevertheless DEP-3 is debian patch header best regards mira