sox-devel@lists.sourceforge.net unofficial mirror
* ladspa support detection
@ 2020-08-23 22:23 Jan Stary
From: Jan Stary @ 2020-08-23 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-devel

Running the new ./configure (from the new-build branch)
autodetects LADSPA as enabled:

  LADSPA effect plugins   yes

I don't have anything ladspa-related installed
(or is nothing particular required to "enable" ladspa?)

I am not sure how ./configure decided that ladspa is available here.
I have not specified --with-ladspa; is it the default?
I cannot tell from ./configure --help, it uses both

  --with-ladspa           Enable LADSPA plugin support (yes/no/*)
  --with-magic            Use magic (YES/no/*)

What is the difference between "yes" and "YES"?

Also, there seems to be an inconsistency
in naming of the config variable - it's

	/* Define if LADSPA support is enabled */
	#define HAVE_LADSPA_H 1

For everything else, HAVE_*_H means presence of the header file, as in

	/* Define to 1 if you have the <id3tag.h> header file. */
	#define HAVE_ID3TAG_H 1

while the functionality is configured with

	/* Define if id3_file_open exists in -l$sox_wl */
	#define HAVE_ID3TAG 1

(I don't have ladspa.h if that's what is meant.)

Jan

* Re: ladspa support detection
@ 2020-08-24 11:09 ` Måns Rullgård
From: Måns Rullgård @ 2020-08-24 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Stary; +Cc: sox-devel

Jan Stary <hans@stare.cz> writes:

> Running the new ./configure (from the new-build branch)
> autodetects LADSPA as enabled:
>
>   LADSPA effect plugins   yes
>
> I don't have anything ladspa-related installed
> (or is nothing particular required to "enable" ladspa?)

You don't need anything besides dlopen() for it to work.

--
Måns Rullgård