Dear Måns , yes, libgsm available as package in many distributions, typically at the current version of 1.0.19:https://repology.org/project/gsm/versions If a local copy is kept within sox, it should probably be updated ... As a small sign of being interested in keeping the cmake build system for SoX, a patch for CMakeLists.txt is attached, which allows detection of gsm.h, when it is directly in the include folder in addition to detecting gsm/gsm.h so far. The patch also includes a fix for detecting lame.h in addition to lame/lame.h Best regards Wolfgang Am Dienstag, 4. August 2020, 13:59:27 MESZ hat Måns Rullgård Folgendes geschrieben: SoX includes a local copy of libgsm.  There is also an option to build against an externally provided libgsm.  Unsurprisingly, the local copy is quite old and presumably full of bugs. Since all major Linux distributions already package libgsm, I'd like to simply delete our copy and make gsm support optional.  It is rather obscure, after all. Any objections? -- Måns Rullgård _______________________________________________ SoX-devel mailing list SoX-devel@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sox-devel