ruby-core@ruby-lang.org archive (unofficial mirror)
* [ruby-core:105649] [Ruby master Feature#14098] The HowToContribute guide can be improved
       [not found] <redmine.issue-14098.20171110125842.13437@ruby-lang.org>
@ 2021-10-15 21:51 ` jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans)
From: jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans) @ 2021-10-15 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #14098 has been updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans).

Status changed from Open to Closed

I updated https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/HowToContribute to discuss testing and where to document changes.  The guide already contained a statement to follow the style of the existing code, and I don't think we need to be more specific than that.

Feature #14098: The HowToContribute guide can be improved

* Author: ana06 (Ana Maria Martinez Gomez)
I miss some important information in the [HowToContribute guide](https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/HowToContribute):

- how is the code tested? Should I add new test of my code? where, how and how to execute it?
- How are important changes tracked? How is the changelog created? should I write my changes somewhere when modifying the code?
- Is the code following any style rule?

Is this somewhere documented?

Thanks!

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-10-15 21:51 UTC | newest]