ruby-core@ruby-lang.org archive (unofficial mirror)
* [ruby-core:90699] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
@ 2018-12-25  8:39 ` ko1
                   ` (17 subsequent siblings)
From: ko1 @ 2018-12-25  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #15459 has been reported by ko1 (Koichi Sasada).

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15459

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
  * 2019/04/17 (Wed), before RubyKaigi2019
  * 2019/04/21 (Sun), after RubyKaigi2019
* Location
  * Fukuoka Ruby Content Industry Promotion Center,
    Fukuoka Higashi Sougouchousha 5th floor,
    1 Chome-17-1 Hakataekihigashi, Hakata Ward, Fukuoka
  * 福岡県Ruby・コンテンツ産業振興センター (in Japanese)
    http://frac.jp/about/ (Japanese page)

There are two days but Matz can only attend Wednesday.

Maybe on Wednesday we can have a meeting with agenda, for example about Ruby 3.

I'm not sure we need Sunday meetup, but I keep a room for people who want to continue development.
If nobody attend Sunday meetup, I'll cancel room reservation.

I hope we can discuss topics on Wed and continue to discuss RubyKaigi days, and make a progress on Sunday.

## Travel support

Same as last RubyKaigi, Cookpad Inc. will support travel fee (except hotel room fee) so please consider to attend this dev-meeting.
Also please invite people who are not a MRI committer but who are important person to talk with us.
I'll announce about this travel support soon.

## Registration

* Sign-up on https://rubyassociation.doorkeeper.jp/events/85108

## Call for Topics

* Please comment discussion topics on Wed meeting.
* We have limited time to discuss, so that I'll ask Matz which topics we should talk with, and make time schedule in advance if there are many topics.
* Meeting room has a projector so you can bring your slides.
* Maybe attendee's topics will be prioritize.

## Conclusion

Anyway, please keep your schedule.
FYI: Fukuoka city does not have enough hotel rooms so I recommend you to keep your rooms as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Koichi

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/

* [ruby-core:91506] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
@ 2019-02-11  0:44 ` merch-redmine
                   ` (16 subsequent siblings)
From: merch-redmine @ 2019-02-11  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #15459 has been updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans).

* [Feature #14183] Keyword Arguments
  * Need to discuss whether to stop converting caller keyword arguments/braceless hash to callee positional argument

I will be able to attend this meeting to discuss this issue.

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:91860] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
@ 2019-03-18  4:49 ` ko1
                   ` (15 subsequent siblings)
From: ko1 @ 2019-03-18  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

"After RubyKaigi hack meeting" is merged with "RubyKaigi 2019 After Hack by Fukuoka.rb!!"
https://fukuokarb.connpass.com/event/124406/

Please sign-up this party if you want to attend it even if you already sign-up on doorkeeper.
Details are also written in <https://fukuokarb.connpass.com/event/124406/>.

Thanks,
Koichi

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:91861] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-03-18  4:52 ` ko1
                   ` (14 subsequent siblings)
From: ko1 @ 2019-03-18  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Further note:
 "RubyKaigi 2019 After Hack by Fukuoka.rb!!" https://fukuokarb.connpass.com/event/124406/ is open event.
Anyone can attend! Enjoy.

Thanks,
Koichi

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:91862] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-03-18  5:12 ` ko1
                   ` (13 subsequent siblings)
From: ko1 @ 2019-03-18  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Schedule on 4/17 (Wed)

* 12:00- door open
* 13:00-18:30 meeting w/Matz.
  * topics is welcome. please comment on this issue.
* 18:30 close

There are several pre-RubyKaigi parties. pls check them.

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:91963] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-03-24  5:51 ` glass.saga
                   ` (12 subsequent siblings)
From: glass.saga @ 2019-03-24  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #15459 has been updated by Glass_saga (Masaki Matsushita).

[Feature #15553] Addrinfo.getaddrinfo supports timeout
* I would like to have your opinion for patch2.diff

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:92114] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-04-02 18:34 ` rafaelmfranca
                   ` (11 subsequent siblings)
From: rafaelmfranca @ 2019-04-02 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #15459 has been updated by rafaelfranca (Rafael França).

[Feature #13683] Add strict Enumerable#single
* Matz already showed his discontent with the name `single`, but `only` could be a good alternative as proposed by nobu and Lisa on that issue.

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:92134] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-04-03 12:21 ` lisa.ugray
                   ` (10 subsequent siblings)
From: lisa.ugray @ 2019-04-03 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #15459 has been updated by lugray (Lisa Ugray).

[Bug #15515] OpenStruct raising NoMethodError instead of ArgumentError
* I would appreciate your opinion on the patch provided.

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:92136] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-04-03 12:24 ` eregontp
                   ` (9 subsequent siblings)
From: eregontp @ 2019-04-03 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

* [Bug #15743] RubyVM should be renamed to CRuby (eregon)
  * I'd like to gather opinions on this, and ask Matz.

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:92181] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (8 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-04-07 17:21 ` eregontp
                   ` (8 subsequent siblings)
From: eregontp @ 2019-04-07 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

* [Misc #15723] Reconsider numbered parameters (eregon)
  * We should address this soon. I think it's good to collect opinions within MRI committers.

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:92252] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (9 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-04-12  1:13 ` ko1
                   ` (7 subsequent siblings)
From: ko1 @ 2019-04-12  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

* new built-in class/method definition features in Ruby and C (will be talked at RubyKaigi 2019, my talk) (ko1)

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:92274] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (10 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-04-13  9:46 ` duerst
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: duerst @ 2019-04-13  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #15459 has been updated by duerst (Martin Dürst).

[Feature #15764] Whitespace and control characters should not be permitted in tokens
   (I think this is a bug that should be fixed.)

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:92278] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (11 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-04-13 14:10 ` kazuki
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: kazuki @ 2019-04-13 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #15459 has been updated by ktsj (Kazuki Tsujimoto).

* [Feature #14912] Introduce pattern matching syntax
   * I'd like to introduce latest specification, discuss about the details.

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:92281] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (12 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-04-14  1:12 ` ko1
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: ko1 @ 2019-04-14  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Hi all,

I asked Matz and we fixed dev-meeting schedule:

* 12:00-13:20 door open. I (ko1) will be there with bento-lunch.
* 13:20-13:30 opening
* 13:30-14:00 (1) keyword arguments progress report (mame)
* 14:00-14:30 (2) static checking progress report (mame)
* 14:30-15:00 (3) pattern matching (k_tsj)
* 15:00-15:30 break
* 15:30-16:00 (4) concurrency (matz)
* 16:00-16:30 (5) new built-in class/method definition (ko1)
* 16:30-17:00 break
* 17:00-18:00 (6) RubyVM + numbered parameters (eregon)
* 18:00- other remaining topics

For speakers: please prepare your slide at dev meeting. maybe 15min talk is good to reserve discussion time.

As you can see, each time slot is 30 min, so it is hard to discuss enough. So this dev-meeting is sharing ideas with committers and discuss more in break time and RubyKaigi dates.
Time schedule will not be managed strictly, but it is easy to exceeds. I ask you cooperate us to finish meeting successfully.

Thanks,
Koichi

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:92285] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (13 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-04-15  0:01 ` ko1
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: ko1 @ 2019-04-15  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

> 12:00-13:20 door open. I (ko1) will be there with bento-lunch.

ko1 will be there with my own bento (to welcome you).
If you want to eat with me, please bring your own bento (lunch).

I heard that Fukuoka has very nice food restaurant. Enjoy.

Thanks,
Koichi

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:92303] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (14 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-04-16  8:44 ` ko1
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: ko1 @ 2019-04-16  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

> 12:00-13:20 door open.

My flight will arrive Fukuoka 11:35. So it seems difficult to open at 12:00. It depends on real flight schedule.
If I'm not available please take a sheet in a place (there are some chairs at 5F, Fukuoka Ruby Content Industry Promotion Center).

  * Fukuoka Ruby Content Industry Promotion Center,
    Fukuoka Higashi Sougouchousha 5th floor,
    1 Chome-17-1 Hakataekihigashi, Hakata Ward, Fukuoka
  * 福岡県Ruby・コンテンツ産業振興センター 5階 (in Japanese)

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:92307] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (15 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-04-16 15:07 ` manga.osyo
From: manga.osyo @ 2019-04-16 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #15459 has been updated by osyo (manga osyo).

[Feature #15772] Proposal: Add Time#ceil
  * I want to hear the opinions of developers.

[Feature #13645] Syntactic sugar for indexing when using the safe navigation operator
  * I presented a use case.

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:92308] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (16 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-04-16 17:24 ` ko1
From: ko1 @ 2019-04-16 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

> 16:00-16:30 (5) new built-in class/method definition (ko1)

Sorry I couldn't make a new ticket about it. I write my idea here.

My RubyKaigi 2019 slide introduce this idea: http://www.atdot.net/~ko1/activities/2019_rubykaigi2019.pdf
Japanese article: https://techlife.cookpad.com/entry/2019/04/17/014142

The basic idea is writing built-in methods in Ruby with FFI.

```ruby
class String
  def length
    __C__.str_length
  end

  def replace other
    __C__.str_replace other
  end
end
```

In this case, `str_length()` C function is called and `str_replace` function is called with a parameter other. You don't need to write `rb_define_method()` in C code.

There is several advantages:

* You can write complex features like kwparm, exception and so on (in Ruby)
* You can add DSL like attribute, like that:

```ruby
class String
  def length
    __ATTR__.pure
    __C__.str_length
  end
```

In this case, we can annotate `String#length` has no side-effect with Ruby DSL.

This idea can introduce additional overhead compared with traditional C method definitions. On my Ruby2019 talk, two technical achievements are introduced and I think this approach is feasible from performance perspective.

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee:
RubyKaigi 2019 will be at Fukuoka, Apr 18th to 20th 2019. It should be good time to gather Ruby interpreter developers.
I keep the meeting space at Fukuoka city, near to the Hakata station (the central station in Fukuoka) before and after RubyKaigi.

* Date:
[...]

* [ruby-core:92311] [Ruby trunk Misc#15459] Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019
       [not found] <redmine.issue-15459.20181225083954@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (17 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-04-17  1:03 ` alanwucanada
From: alanwucanada @ 2019-04-17  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #15459 has been updated by alanwu (Alan Wu).

[Feature #15765] Module#name without global constant search
  - Looking for feedback

[Bug #15645] It is possible to escape `Mutex#synchronize` without releasing the mutex
  - The suggestion posted as a comment seems to make sense. Could someone take a look and possibly merge it in?

Misc #15459: Developers Meeting before/after RubyKaigi2019