ruby-core@ruby-lang.org archive (unofficial mirror)
* [ruby-core:92787] [ANN] "master" branch created for ruby.git; Use "master" branch instead of "trunk" on CI
@ 2019-05-22 15:46 Takashi Kokubun
From: Takashi Kokubun @ 2019-05-22 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ruby developers

Hi ruby-core,

At 0:28 am JST on 5/23, we created a symbolic-ref "master" pointing to
"trunk" on git.ruby-lang.org.
Ruby committers can fetch and push to both "master" and "trunk"
branches with git.ruby-lang.org.
Also everyone can fetch "master" branch with GitHub repository now.

[NOTE] On July 1st, we are going to change the default branch of
ruby.git from "trunk" to "master" on both git.ruby-lang.org and
GitHub.
Before that, please explicitly clone "master" branch instead of
"trunk" if your CI system may break by the change.

See https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15843 for the future schedule.

Thank you,
k0kubun

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-05-22 15:46 UTC | newest]