* Offer to move the rack-attack project to the rack GitHub organization
@ 2020-07-30 14:33 Corey Farwell
From: Corey Farwell @ 2020-07-30 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rack Development

Hey everyone, my name is Corey Farwell and I'm an engineer at Kickstarter.

Years back in 2012, some Kickstarter engineers created the rack-attack
<https://github.com/kickstarter/rack-attack>project, which is a Rack
middleware for blocking and throttling abusive requests. We still utilize
and rely on rack-attack, but due to staffing changes and reductions, we
have not made any significant contributions to the project over the past
few years. We are fortunate to have a volunteer in the community, Gonzalo
Rodriguez <https://github.com/grzuy>, who has stepped up to maintain the
project in our absence. At this point, I personally consider rack-attack to
be a community-driven project, despite living within the Kickstarter GitHub
organization.

Fast forward to February of this year, Samuel Williams in Gitter
<https://gitter.im/rack-attack/rack-attack?at=5e3f4e8919597421f3b97414>suggested
moving the project to the rack GitHub organization. I ran this idea past
the Engineering and Legal teams at Kickstarter and got the green light! Is
this something y'all are interested in? Related– my last day at Kickstarter
is in two weeks, so if we want this to happen, we might need to move a
little fast :)

Hope you all are doing okay during this tumultuous time

Corey Farwell
coreyf@rwell.org
https://rwell.org/

--