Alright, then we just need use some documentation and properly communicate this. At least I know where it stands now with Rack and can deal with it appropriately. Thank you for the information. Kind regards, Arne Op maandag 24 oktober 2016 14:25:15 UTC+2 schreef Lin Jen-Shin: > > Hi, > > On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 4:16 PM, Olivar Plays > wrote: > > Hello, > > > > I have a small question about the behaviour of Rack when it comes to > headers > > send by clients. > > Are these always prefixed with HTTP_ ? Or do I need to tell my clients > to > > explicitly send them as HTTP_ ? > > I think according to Rack SPEC, all headers sent from client should be > prefixed > with HTTP_, and if your client prefix HTTP_, then you'll end up seeing > HTTP_HTTP_ in your Rack application. > > > Example, I'm checking on every request in my Rails application whether > the > > HTTP_COMPANY header is present, and has the correct value. > > But I've been running into issues with detecting them. > > Right now I have the client app send the headers as COMPANY, and my > Rails > > app checks as HTTP_COMPANY. > > This is intended. > > > Is this the intended behaviour, or will this go wrong again when the > client > > suddenly submits the header as HTTP_COMPANY? > > e.g is Rack smart enough not to prefix HTTP_COMPANY with HTTTP_ again? > > As stated above, if your client is sending HTTP_COMPANY, then you'll need > to > access it via HTTP_HTTP_COMPANY in your Rack application. Rack should > not try to remove the prefix, otherwise HTTP_COMPANY and COMPANY > would be ambiguous. > > It's designed this way to mix HTTP headers into env unambiguously. > > > Kind regards, > > Arne > -- --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Rack Development" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rack-devel+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.