* Bug PID file dissapears if rackup is runned twice
@ 2009-08-28  9:53 Iñaki Baz Castillo
From: Iñaki Baz Castillo @ 2009-08-28  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

Hi, I understand the following is not an expected behavior and seems a bug:

I run "rackup" in daemon mode with a simple app (it doesn't matter
which server I use):

  ~# rackup -D -P /tmp/rack.pid example_01_rackup.ru

I check /tmp/rack.pid and it exists (ok) with value 10000.

I run again the command (without killing the previous one):

  ~# rackup -D -P /tmp/rack.pid example_01_rackup.ru

The command returns 0, the server is still running (with same PID
10000) but PID file (/tmp/rack.ipd) has dissapeared.

So I see two issues:

- 1) PID file shouldn't be deleted (obvious IMHO).
- 2) Second rackup command should return an error code.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-08-28 10:01 UTC | newest]