* Can't find documentation on how to access Rackup --options
@ 2015-09-04  8:48 jtindall
From: jtindall @ 2015-09-04  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rack Development

Hi All,

I've searched high and low and just can't find any mention of how to access
the custom options passed in to Rack via the rackup options like so: rackup
--options arg1=3

Can anyone point me in the direction of documentation for this or tell me
how it's done? I need to access these in order to pass them on to a Sinatra
app that I'm running via Rack Cascade.

Many thanks!

James

--

---

* Re: Can't find documentation on how to access Rackup --options
@ 2015-09-04 11:03 ` Christian Neukirchen
From: Christian Neukirchen @ 2015-09-04 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jtindall; +Cc: Rack Development

jtindall@soasta.com writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I've searched high and low and just can't find any mention of how to access
> the custom options passed in to Rack via the rackup options like so: rackup
> --options arg1=3
>
> Can anyone point me in the direction of documentation for this or tell me
> how it's done? I need to access these in order to pass them on to a Sinatra
> app that I'm running via Rack Cascade.

AFAICS this is not possible, because these options are only passed to
the underlying webserver.  But you can use standard environment
variables to pass options to your Rack application.

--
Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen@gmail.com>  http://chneukirchen.org