Hello, I'm implementing a C++ comet web server, that (tries) to implement rack to adapt ruby applications. Currently I'm reading a body very naively put the body into a ruby String and wrap it with a StringIO to provide the rack.input for the implementation. As I'm going to use the server for uploading images, I would like to implement a real, stream-like object to circumvent the need to buffer the POST body before handing it to the application. Now, I've read the rack specs and read about rewind(). To implement rewind(), I would have to store the whole body, even when the upstream application just calculates some kind of checksum on the body, or uploads it to s3. What's the rational behind this part of the specification? Is it possible to not implement rewind() and to tell applications that need rewind(), to keep there own copy of the body, in case it is needed? kind regards, Torsten -- --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Rack Development" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rack-devel+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.