* [ANN] Rack 1.4.1, a modular Ruby webserver interface
@ 2012-01-23 6:51 James Tucker
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: James Tucker @ 2012-01-23 6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: rack-core, rack-devel, ruby-talk-google
[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2092 bytes --]
Today we are proud to announce the release of Rack 1.4.1.
= Rack, a modular Ruby webserver interface
Rack provides a minimal, modular and adaptable interface for developing web applications in Ruby. By wrapping HTTP requests and responses in the simplest way possible, it unifies and distills the API for web servers, web frameworks, and software in between (the so-called middleware) into a single method call.
The exact details of this are described in the Rack specification, which all Rack applications should conform to.
* January 22nd, 2012: Twenty fifth public release 1.4.1
* Alter the keyspace limit calculations to reduce issues with nested params
* Add a workaround for multipart parsing where files contian unescaped "%"
* Added Rack::Response::Helpers#method_not_allowed? (code 405)
* Rack::File now returns 404's for illegal directory traversals
* Rack::File now returns 405's for illegal methods (non HEAD/GET)
* Rack::Cascade now catches 405 by default, as well as 404
* Cookies missing '--' no longer cause an exception to be raised
* Various style changes and documentation spelling errors
* Rack::BodyProxy always ensures to execute it's block
* Additional test coverage around cookies and secrets
* Rack::Session::Cookie can now be supplied either secret or old_secret
* Tests are no longer dependent on set order
* Rack::Static no longer defaults to serving index files
* Rack.release was fixed
== Where can I get it?
You can download Rack at
http://chneukirchen.org/releases/rack-1.4.1.tar.gz (upload pending at time of writing)
Alternatively, you can checkout from the development repository with:
git clone git://github.com/rack/rack.git
cd rack && git checkout rack-1.4 # for this release
Happy hacking and have a nice day,
on behalf of the Rack Core Team.
[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 5244 bytes --]
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-01-23 6:52 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2012-01-23 6:51 [ANN] Rack 1.4.1, a modular Ruby webserver interface James Tucker
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).