On Thu, May 23, 2019, 9:11 AM dorian taylor wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying to use Rack as a FastCGI authorizer (cf > https://github.com/fast-cgi/spec/blob/master/spec.md#63-authorizer ) in > conjunction with Apache mod_authnz_fcgi ( > https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_authnz_fcgi.html ). My problem > is that mod_authnz_fcgi insists on a 200 status code and *only* a 200 > status code to communicate any results from the fastcgi script back up the > line. This is where Rack::Chunked is ruining my day: it forces the choice > of either a Content-Length header (which is transmitted upstream and > truncates the output), or a Transfer-Encoding: chunked header where the > accompanying *token* is removed upstream, resulting in a protocol error. > > I would like to be able to express an HTTP 200 response that has neither a > Content-Length nor a Transfer-Encoding header. Is there any way to disable > Rack::Chunked for certain responses? > Such a response is only valid in http 1.0, not http 1.1. In this regard rack won't help you much, as it isn't trying to provide for that case. Have you considered not including this middleware for these requests? -- > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Rack Development" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to rack-devel+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rack-devel/ab1058ab-ba08-4843-9489-86bcc55bde19%40googlegroups.com > > . > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > -- --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Rack Development" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rack-devel+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rack-devel/CABGa_T_%2Be%3DnzMuyhe9%2BzKrab1mBeEEzw04F96%3DdTuv2Hxf_02w%40mail.gmail.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.