rack-devel archive mirror (unofficial) https://groups.google.com/group/rack-devel
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* should Rack::Response delete Content-Length on status 204?
@ 2010-10-10 22:40 Jerry West
  2010-11-07 22:09 ` James Tucker
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Jerry West @ 2010-10-10 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rack Development

Rack::Response#finish deletes Content-Type from the header when status
== 204.

Should it not also delete Content-Length too?  Rack::Lint certainly
thinks so.

And on that note should the code for #finish() not be

if Utils::STATUS_WITH_NO_ENTITY_BODY.include?(status.to_i)

rather than "if [204, 304].include?(status.to_i)" ...

Thanks,
  Jerry

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: should Rack::Response delete Content-Length on status 204?
  2010-10-10 22:40 should Rack::Response delete Content-Length on status 204? Jerry West
@ 2010-11-07 22:09 ` James Tucker
  2010-11-08 23:00   ` Jerry West
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: James Tucker @ 2010-11-07 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

Yes I think so, could you open an issue on github or a ticket on lighthouse? I will review soon.

Thank you!

On 10 Oct 2010, at 15:40, Jerry West wrote:

> Rack::Response#finish deletes Content-Type from the header when status
> == 204.
> 
> Should it not also delete Content-Length too?  Rack::Lint certainly
> thinks so.
> 
> And on that note should the code for #finish() not be
> 
> if Utils::STATUS_WITH_NO_ENTITY_BODY.include?(status.to_i)
> 
> rather than "if [204, 304].include?(status.to_i)" ...
> 
> Thanks,
>  Jerry

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: should Rack::Response delete Content-Length on status 204?
  2010-11-07 22:09 ` James Tucker
@ 2010-11-08 23:00   ` Jerry West
  2010-11-08 23:07     ` Jerry West
  2010-11-11  6:51     ` James Tucker
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Jerry West @ 2010-11-08 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rack Development

Sorry, noob here - do you mean chneukirchen/rack or your fork?

On second thoughts, I'll do both, apologies for the duplication.

On Nov 7, 10:09 pm, James Tucker <jftuc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes I think so, could you open an issue on github or a ticket on lighthouse? I will review soon.
>
> Thank you!
>
> On 10 Oct 2010, at 15:40, Jerry West wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Rack::Response#finish deletes Content-Type from the header when status
> > == 204.
>
> > Should it not also delete Content-Length too?  Rack::Lint certainly
> > thinks so.
>
> > And on that note should the code for #finish() not be
>
> > if Utils::STATUS_WITH_NO_ENTITY_BODY.include?(status.to_i)
>
> > rather than "if [204, 304].include?(status.to_i)" ...
>
> > Thanks,
> >  Jerry

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: should Rack::Response delete Content-Length on status 204?
  2010-11-08 23:00   ` Jerry West
@ 2010-11-08 23:07     ` Jerry West
  2010-11-11  6:51     ` James Tucker
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Jerry West @ 2010-11-08 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rack Development

No I won't - there are no issues on your fork so I've left it on
chneukirchen.

And I really shouldn't post before thinking it through...

Cheers.

On Nov 8, 11:00 pm, Jerry West <jerry.w...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Sorry, noob here - do you mean chneukirchen/rack or your fork?
>
> On second thoughts, I'll do both, apologies for the duplication.
>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: should Rack::Response delete Content-Length on status 204?
  2010-11-08 23:00   ` Jerry West
  2010-11-08 23:07     ` Jerry West
@ 2010-11-11  6:51     ` James Tucker
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: James Tucker @ 2010-11-11  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

rack/rack

I'll cleanup sometime

On 8 Nov 2010, at 15:00, Jerry West wrote:

> Sorry, noob here - do you mean chneukirchen/rack or your fork?
> 
> On second thoughts, I'll do both, apologies for the duplication.
> 
> On Nov 7, 10:09 pm, James Tucker <jftuc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes I think so, could you open an issue on github or a ticket on lighthouse? I will review soon.
>> 
>> Thank you!
>> 
>> On 10 Oct 2010, at 15:40, Jerry West wrote:
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>> Rack::Response#finish deletes Content-Type from the header when status
>>> == 204.
>> 
>>> Should it not also delete Content-Length too?  Rack::Lint certainly
>>> thinks so.
>> 
>>> And on that note should the code for #finish() not be
>> 
>>> if Utils::STATUS_WITH_NO_ENTITY_BODY.include?(status.to_i)
>> 
>>> rather than "if [204, 304].include?(status.to_i)" ...
>> 
>>> Thanks,
>>>  Jerry

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2010-11-11  6:51 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2010-10-10 22:40 should Rack::Response delete Content-Length on status 204? Jerry West
2010-11-07 22:09 ` James Tucker
2010-11-08 23:00   ` Jerry West
2010-11-08 23:07     ` Jerry West
2010-11-11  6:51     ` James Tucker

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://80x24.org/mirrors/rack.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).