On 25 Dec 2009, at 00:24, Eric Wong wrote: > Joshua Peek wrote: >> Hey Eric, >> >> Raw io access has been on my wish list for a while. I'm totally +1 but >> do you think we can hold off? I'd like to put together the release >> sometime next week before the new year. > > Sure thing on holding off. > > I'm very glad to know there's interest for this idea. I'll try > to cook up some examples of ways to use it with async servers, too... Eric - I had a report from one of the async_sinatra users who tried out rainbows with EM, and found that the API didn't actually line up with what Thin was doing. I really want to devote some more time with this but I've been very busy. Sadly due to this I don't want to say stop, but, well, I want to say please check existing apps against it. I guess could you check async_*.ru from github.com/macournoyer/thin/master/tree/examples/async_*.ru, as from what was reported, they're not working with the rainbows implementation of the deferrablebody hacks. > >> Though there was a long year gap between 1.0 and 1.1, it doesn't mean >> 1.2 needs to be that far off. I'd like to speed up the release >> schedule for these new ideas. > > Yeah, the gap between releases got me a bit worried. > > -- > Eric Wong