* Question: Rack::CommonLogger
@ 2009-10-19  0:08 Max
From: Max @ 2009-10-19  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rack Development

In Rack::CommonLogger, how come the logger duplicates itself on each
call?  (according to http://rack.rubyforge.org/doc/classes/Rack/CommonLogger.html)
Is it necessary, or to clear some sort of state, or...??

Just curious, was thinking of making my own logger and not sure under
which conditions I need to duplicate.

Thanks,
Max

* Re: Question: Rack::CommonLogger
@ 2009-10-19 11:13 ` Michael Fellinger
From: Michael Fellinger @ 2009-10-19 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Max <nanodeath@gmail.com> wrote:

> In Rack::CommonLogger, how come the logger duplicates itself on each
> call?  (according to http://rack.rubyforge.org/doc/classes/Rack/CommonLogger.html)
> Is it necessary, or to clear some sort of state, or...??
>
> Just curious, was thinking of making my own logger and not sure under
> which conditions I need to duplicate.
>
> Thanks,
> Max

At least in HEAD, it doesn't duplicate anymore:
http://github.com/rack/rack/blob/master/lib/rack/commonlogger.rb

--
Michael Fellinger
CTO, The Rubyists, LLC