* 1.1 Roadmap / EOL
@ 2011-09-08 19:33 James Tucker
From: James Tucker @ 2011-09-08 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-core, rack-devel

Hi all,

I really want to EOL 1.1. There are some patches I'm bringing in for the (late - sorry) security releases, and to get Rails 2.x cookie issues sorted.

I want to attach a provisional EOL statement to the README in the 1.1.3 release. Rails is also gearing up to EOL the 2.x series.

If there are any more "critical" security patches, I may consider another patch release, but essentially, I want to encourage the community not to expect further maintenance of the 1.1 series.

Does anyone have any major objections? I would like to point out that I spotted more than a handful of quite serious bugs in the rails 2.x and rack 1.1.x render + cookie stack on the way through, and will not be fixing all of them in this upcoming release.

I would STRONGLY (in the most vehement definition) recommend upgrading your apps to rails > 2 and rack > 1.1 regardless of the outcome of any further discussions.

Thanks for your attention/input,

James

* Re: 1.1 Roadmap / EOL
@ 2011-09-08 19:50 ` Christian Neukirchen
From: Christian Neukirchen @ 2011-09-08 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-core; +Cc: rack-devel

James Tucker <jftucker@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I really want to EOL 1.1. There are some patches I'm bringing in for
> the (late - sorry) security releases, and to get Rails 2.x cookie
> issues sorted.
>
> I want to attach a provisional EOL statement to the README in the
> 1.1.3 release. Rails is also gearing up to EOL the 2.x series.

+1

> I would STRONGLY (in the most vehement definition) recommend upgrading
> your apps to rails > 2 and rack > 1.1 regardless of the outcome of any
> further discussions.

+1

:)
--