* [ANN] Rack 1.3.0, a modular Ruby webserver interface
@ 2011-05-23 6:18 James Tucker
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: James Tucker @ 2011-05-23 6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: rack-core, rack-devel, ruby-talk-google
Today we are proud to announce the release of Rack 1.3.0.
= Rack, a modular Ruby webserver interface
Rack provides a minimal, modular and adaptable interface for developing web applications in Ruby. By wrapping HTTP requests and responses in the simplest way possible, it unifies and distills the API for web servers, web frameworks, and software in between (the so-called middleware) into a single method call.
The exact details of this are described in the Rack specification, which all Rack applications should conform to.
* May 22nd, 2011: Thirteenth public release 1.3.0
* Various performance optimizations
* Various multipart fixes
* Various multipart refactors
* Infinite loop fix for multipart
* Test coverage for Rack::Server returns
* Allow files with '..', but not path components that are '..'
* rackup accepts handler-specific options on the command line
* Request#params no longer merges POST into GET (but returns the same)
* Use URI.encode_www_form_component instead. Use core methods for escaping.
* Allow multi-line comments in the config file
* Bug L#94 reported by Nikolai Lugovoi, query parameter unescaping.
* Rack::Response now deletes Content-Length when appropriate
* Rack::Deflater now supports streaming
* Improved Rack::Handler loading and searching
* Support for the PATCH verb
* env['rack.session.options'] now contains session options
* Cookies respect renew
* Session middleware uses SecureRandom.hex
== Where can I get it?
You can download Rack 1.3.0 at
http://chneukirchen.org/releases/rack-1.3.0.tar.gz (upload pending at time of writing)
Alternatively, you can checkout from the development repository with:
git clone git://github.com/rack/rack.git
cd rack && git checkout rack-1.3 # for this release
Happy hacking and have a nice day,
on behalf of the Rack Core Team.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-05-23 6:20 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2011-05-23 6:18 [ANN] Rack 1.3.0, a modular Ruby webserver interface James Tucker
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).