* log_tailer doesn't respect custom log paths
@ 2010-02-25 22:31 leigh
From: leigh @ 2010-02-25 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rack Development

I am using a custom logger for my config.logger via Log4r. My log
files use the timestamp in their name (e.g., development.
02-25-2010.log). The log_tailer.rb assumes that the log file name is
the default development.log, which is a false assumption. Thus, when I
try to start
my server without detaching it, it crashes. Not being able to use rack
without using the default log name seems like a bug. Shouldn't it
check the config.log_path or config.logger?

Here is a related thread I found:

https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/2350-logtailer-ignores-configlog_path

I downloaded the latest version of the rack gem though, and it does
not seem to have incorporated the submitted patch.

I see that the LogTailer class's initialize method takes an optional
log parameter, but I'm not sure how I would modify my configuration or
environment to get it to pick up my custom logger or if that's even
possible.

Leigh