* log_tailer doesn't respect custom log paths
@ 2010-02-25 22:31 leigh
From: leigh @ 2010-02-25 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rack Development

I am using a custom logger for my config.logger via Log4r. My log
files use the timestamp in their name (e.g., development.
02-25-2010.log). The log_tailer.rb assumes that the log file name is
the default development.log, which is a false assumption. Thus, when I
try to start
my server without detaching it, it crashes. Not being able to use rack
without using the default log name seems like a bug. Shouldn't it
check the config.log_path or config.logger?

Here is a related thread I found:

https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/2350-logtailer-ignores-configlog_path

I downloaded the latest version of the rack gem though, and it does
not seem to have incorporated the submitted patch.

I see that the LogTailer class's initialize method takes an optional
log parameter, but I'm not sure how I would modify my configuration or
environment to get it to pick up my custom logger or if that's even
possible.

Leigh

* Re: log_tailer doesn't respect custom log paths
@ 2010-02-26  1:28 ` Scytrin dai Kinthra
From: Scytrin dai Kinthra @ 2010-02-26  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

So, this looks like an issue with rails, unless you're having an issue
with integration and settings on the Rack side of things...
If it is the latter, would you be able to provide code or more details?

--
stadik.net