From: froom <jasjb@hotmail.com>
To: Rack Development <rack-devel@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Rack and Varnish
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 06:24:08 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Thanks for the reply

Would rather not return a redirect response to the user/browser...
only want one request cycle

I'd rather Rack decided "I need to return the varnish cached page for
URL2 back to the user immediately".... and I was thinking the best way
to do that is modify the request in some way with a new URL, so almost
like a "restart" for the request, which would give Varnish a chance to
kick in before we bother Rails

Not sure if this is even feasible.... but seems preferable over
memcache storing entire pages for no real reason