* [SEC][ANN] Rack 1.5.2, a modular Ruby webserver interface
@ 2013-02-08 3:14 jftucker
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: jftucker @ 2013-02-08 3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: ruby-talk, rack-devel, rack-core
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Today we are proud to announce the release of Rack 1.5.2.
= Rack, a modular Ruby webserver interface
Rack provides a minimal, modular and adaptable interface for developing web applications in Ruby. By wrapping HTTP requests and responses in the simplest way possible, it unifies and distills the API for web servers, web frameworks, and software in between (the so-called middleware) into a single method call.
The exact details of this are described in the Rack specification, which all Rack applications should conform to.
* February 7th, Thirty fifth public release 1.5.2
* Fix CVE-2013-0263, timing attack against Rack::Session::Cookie
* Fix CVE-2013-0262, symlink path traversal in Rack::File
* Add various methods to Session for enhanced Rails compatibility
* Request#trusted_proxy? now only matches whole stirngs
* Add JSON cookie coder, to be default in Rack 1.6+ due to security concerns
* URLMap host matching in environments that don't set the Host header fixed
* Fix a race condition that could result in overwritten pidfiles
* Various documentation additions
== Where can I get it?
You can download Rack at
http://chneukirchen.org/releases/rack-1.5.2.tar.gz (upload pending at time of writing)
Alternatively, you can checkout from the development repository with:
git clone git://github.com/rack/rack.git
cd rack && git checkout rack-1.5 # for this release
Happy hacking and have a nice day,
on behalf of the Rack Core Team.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (Darwin)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Rack Core team" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-02-08 3:14 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2013-02-08 3:14 [SEC][ANN] Rack 1.5.2, a modular Ruby webserver interface jftucker
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).