* got a Rack::File which support range request
@ 2010-04-30 15:37 Jerome Etienne
From: Jerome Etienne @ 2010-04-30 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

Hello,

i needed to get Rack::File to support range request. so i coded it. you can
find the code here

http://github.com/jeromeetienne/rack/blob/master/contrib/rack_file_rangeok.rb

hope this help, and that it gonna be included.

(im not subscribed to the mailing list)

---
http://urfastr.net Making the web faster for you!

* Re: got a Rack::File which support range request
@ 2010-05-01  5:41 ` Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2010-05-01  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel; +Cc: Jerome Etienne

Jerome Etienne <jerome.etienne@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i needed to get Rack::File to support range request. so i coded it. you can
> find the code here
>
> http://github.com/jeromeetienne/rack/blob/master/contrib/rack_file_rangeok.rb
>
> hope this help, and that it gonna be included.

Cool!  I was hoping to (eventually) get around to doing this as
middleware myself.  It'd be more powerful as midddleware since it can
affect all responses, not just static files.

As middleware, it would wrap the response body #each method and only
yield the desired byte ranges.

--
Eric Wong

* Re: got a Rack::File which support range request
@ 2010-05-20 15:30   ` James Tucker
From: James Tucker @ 2010-05-20 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

On 1 May 2010, at 02:41, Eric Wong wrote:

> Jerome Etienne <jerome.etienne@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> i needed to get Rack::File to support range request. so i coded it. you can
>> find the code here
>>
>> http://github.com/jeromeetienne/rack/blob/master/contrib/rack_file_rangeok.rb
>>
>> hope this help, and that it gonna be included.
>
> Cool!  I was hoping to (eventually) get around to doing this as
> middleware myself.  It'd be more powerful as midddleware since it can
> affect all responses, not just static files.
>
> As middleware, it would wrap the response body #each method and only
> yield the desired byte ranges.

Interesting idea.