On 13 Aug 2009, at 18:55, Adrian Madrid wrote: > I don't think that rack is bloated considering the bloat is only > self-inflicted (autoload as mentioned) but Yahuda brings another > point: performance. I would love to have response more performant > for everyone to use. As long as it's profiled off of real style applications, and profile guided, sure, that would be lovely. > > > Adrian Madrid > My eBiz, Developer > 3082 W. Maple Loop Dr > Lehi, UT 84043 > 801-341-3824 > > > On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:50, James Tucker > wrote: > > > On 13 Aug 2009, at 18:49, Joshua Peek wrote: > > > Here are a few candidates I'd like to see moved into rack-contrib. > > Adapter::Camping > Auth::OpenID > ContentType > Recursive > Session::Memcache > > Whilst I sort of agree, doesn't this just shift the bloat problem > somewhere else? > > > > On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Matt Todd wrote: > I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday and he mentioned that > thought > the Rack package itself seemed to be slightly bloated by things like > Basic > Auth et al. He mentioned two things I thought were interesting and I > wanted > to get your feedback on it: > 1. Like Merb, Rack probably could benefit from using a core and more > separation of functionality, and > 2. Rack core should only include what's necessary for Rack::Lint to > validate > a basic application at minimum. > Thoughts? > Matt > -- > Matt Todd > Highgroove Studios > www.highgroove.com > cell: 404-314-2612 > blog: maraby.org > > Scout - Web Monitoring and Reporting Software > www.scoutapp.com > > > > > -- > Joshua Peek > >