* Links and Modular Apps
@ 2010-10-22  4:53 andyl
From: andyl @ 2010-10-22  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rack Development

I would like to use Rack to mount modular apps.

Using the 'map' statement in config.ru, I can mount an app just fine.

But - the links in my sub-apps don't work.

If I mount App1 on '/app1', and App1 has a link <a href='/page'>,
it needs to render '/app1/page' instead of '/page'.

How do people get around this problem??

Thanks, Andy

* Re: Links and Modular Apps
@ 2010-10-22  6:19 ` Sylvain Desvé
From: Sylvain Desvé @ 2010-10-22  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

The Rack URLMap changes the env so that '/app1' is moved from PATH_INFO to
SCRIPT_NAME.

You need a helper in your Sinatra application to reconstruct paths :

helpers do
  def path_to(path)
    request.script_name + path
  en
end

and then use it in your templates :

2010/10/22 andyl <akleak@gmail.com>

> I would like to use Rack to mount modular apps.
>
> Using the 'map' statement in config.ru, I can mount an app just fine.
>
> But - the links in my sub-apps don't work.
>
> If I mount App1 on '/app1', and App1 has a link <a href='/page'>,
> it needs to render '/app1/page' instead of '/page'.
>
> How do people get around this problem??
>
> Thanks, Andy

* Re: Links and Modular Apps
@ 2010-10-23  0:13   ` andyl
From: andyl @ 2010-10-23  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rack Development

Thanks - your approach worked !!

I think I'm going to create a link-rewriting middleware, so I can use
unmodified Sinatra apps - but this is a nice intermediate step.

- Andy

On Oct 21, 11:19 pm, Sylvain Desvé <sylvain.de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Rack URLMap changes the env so that '/app1' is moved from PATH_INFO to
> SCRIPT_NAME.
>
> You need a helper in your Sinatra application to reconstruct paths :
>
> helpers do
>   def path_to(path)
>     request.script_name + path
>   en
> end
>
> and then use it in your templates :

> 2010/10/22 andyl <akl...@gmail.com>
>
> > I would like to use Rack to mount modular apps.
>
> > Using the 'map' statement in config.ru, I can mount an app just fine.
>
> > But - the links in my sub-apps don't work.
>
> > If I mount App1 on '/app1', and App1 has a link <a href='/page'>,
> > it needs to render '/app1/page' instead of '/page'.
>
> > How do people get around this problem??
>
> > Thanks, Andy

* Re: Links and Modular Apps
@ 2010-10-23  2:29     ` Yehuda Katz
From: Yehuda Katz @ 2010-10-23  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

this is something that Rails 3.1's engines do automatically (and rails
itself will do if you mount the main Rails app in a URLMap).

In my opinion, this makes more sense as a Sinatra helper than an
output modifying middleware (which is extremely expensive and
potentially error-prone)

Sent from my iPhone