* [ANN] public-inbox.org/rack-devel mirror available
@ 2017-06-29  0:40 Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2017-06-29  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel; +Cc: meta

Gmane still isn't doing well, so my announcement(*) last year
about mirroring rack-devel@googlegroups has been moot unless
you're reading off NNTP.  Of course, Google Groups still seems
to require JS, making it inaccessible to some, including me :<

So, I've setup a mirror on my own server using an archive Christian
sent me last year, along with my own mail:

	https://public-inbox.org/rack-devel/
        nntp://news.public-inbox.org/inbox.comp.lang.ruby.rack.devel

Tor users can use .onion endpoints, too:

        http://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/rack-devel/
        nntp://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/inbox.comp.lang.ruby.rack.devel

Fwiw, I also started mirroring ruby-core a few days ago, too:

	https://public-inbox.org/ruby-core/20170623032722.GA8124@dcvr/

There's also https://public-inbox.org/git/ for those interested
in git development.

You can also clone all the messages (around 10 MB):

	git clone --mirror https://public-inbox.org/rack-devel

And the AGPL-3.0+ source code (Perl5):

	git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox

And hack + run it yourself.  I suggest doing this since I am an
unreliable sysadmin and wish to encourage decentralization.
Maybe I'll write a Ruby implementation, one day :)

Relevant bits of the config are below:

==> ~/.public-inbox/config <==
[publicinbox "rack-devel"]
	address = rack-devel@googlegroups.com
	url = //public-inbox.org/rack-devel
	mainrepo = /path/to/rack-devel.git
	newsgroup = inbox.comp.lang.ruby.rack.devel
	nntpmirror = nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rack.devel
	infourl = https://groups.google.com/group/rack-devel
	watch = maildir:/path/to/maildir/.INBOX.rack-devel
	watchheader = List-Id:<rack-devel.googlegroups.com>
	; bleh, I hate address obfuscation, but I guess some people are used to it :<
	obfuscate = true
	replyto = :list,Cc,To,Reply-To

(*) https://public-inbox.org/rack-devel/20160510-rack-devel-hopefully-mirrored@gmane/

--

---

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-06-29  0:40 UTC | newest]