* gmane archives of (hopefully?) available
@ 2016-05-10 20:31 Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2016-05-10 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

Hey all,

Since the Google Groups web UI is unusable without a GUI browser
and JS; I've requested gmane.org start mirroring this group and
new posts should appear at:

	http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rack.devel
	nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rack.devel

Does anybody here have complete archives of past posts?

I'm not sure if Google provides this data in a convenient way,
but the gmane admins at admin@gmane.org can import an mbox of
old posts.

I didn't subscribe until Oct 2008, and I filter my email heavily
so a lot of attachments/HTML/signatures are stripped to save
space.  But worst case is I can have them import my stripped-down
archives if nobody else has the messages.

mid.gmane.org/MESSAGE_ID should also work, so maybe this post
can be linked as:

  http://mid.gmane.org/20160510-rack-devel-hopefully-mirrored@gmane

And in the future, this should make it easier to refer to
messages by Message-Id in a decentralized way.

--

---

* Re: gmane archives of (hopefully?) available
@ 2016-05-11  7:51 ` James Tucker
From: James Tucker @ 2016-05-11  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rack Development

If you remind me at some point I'll get/generate one.
On May 10, 2016 1:31 PM, "Eric Wong" <e@80x24.org> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Since the Google Groups web UI is unusable without a GUI browser
> and JS; I've requested gmane.org start mirroring this group and
> new posts should appear at:
>
>         http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rack.devel
>         nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rack.devel
>
> Does anybody here have complete archives of past posts?
>
> I'm not sure if Google provides this data in a convenient way,
> but the gmane admins at admin@gmane.org can import an mbox of
> old posts.
>
> I didn't subscribe until Oct 2008, and I filter my email heavily
> so a lot of attachments/HTML/signatures are stripped to save
> space.  But worst case is I can have them import my stripped-down
> archives if nobody else has the messages.
>
> mid.gmane.org/MESSAGE_ID should also work, so maybe this post
> can be linked as:
>
>   http://mid.gmane.org/20160510-rack-devel-hopefully-mirrored@gmane
>
> And in the future, this should make it easier to refer to
> messages by Message-Id in a decentralized way.
>
> --
>
> ---

---

* Re: gmane archives of (hopefully?) available
@ 2016-05-12  1:57   ` Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2016-05-12  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

James Tucker <jftucker@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you remind me at some point I'll get/generate one.

Thanks, I but Christian already sent me his archives.
Anyways, it'd still be nice if you could get Google to start
providing downloadable archives for other groups, too.

--

---