* gmane archives of (hopefully?) available
@ 2016-05-10 20:31 Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2016-05-10 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

Hey all,

Since the Google Groups web UI is unusable without a GUI browser
and JS; I've requested gmane.org start mirroring this group and
new posts should appear at:

	http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rack.devel
	nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rack.devel

Does anybody here have complete archives of past posts?

I'm not sure if Google provides this data in a convenient way,
but the gmane admins at admin@gmane.org can import an mbox of
old posts.

I didn't subscribe until Oct 2008, and I filter my email heavily
so a lot of attachments/HTML/signatures are stripped to save
space.  But worst case is I can have them import my stripped-down
archives if nobody else has the messages.

mid.gmane.org/MESSAGE_ID should also work, so maybe this post
can be linked as:

  http://mid.gmane.org/20160510-rack-devel-hopefully-mirrored@gmane

And in the future, this should make it easier to refer to
messages by Message-Id in a decentralized way.

--

---