On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 08:36:02AM +0000, Eric Wong wrote: > Hello, I'm the main support/helpdesk guy and project leader for > Unicorn/Rainbows!/Zbatery servers. I believe > dff8e34f43c2897062d5b252406398ced2d360a8 to add handlers for these > servers is a bad change for everyone. > > All three servers support Rack natively and were designed around the > Rack spec. However the (sometimes minor) differences in using "rackup" > vs the shipped commands will cause confusion among both users and > developers trying to support them. > > All three servers also rely on Unix signals for management, so their > names in the process table is also an important part of the user > experience. > > Unlike typical web servers, Unicorn should never be directly exposed to > slow clients, but a user just trying it with "rackup" would never be > informed of that (especially since other servers like > Mongrel/Thin/WEBrick don't have this limitation). > > Rainbows! and Zbatery are also completely worthless without a > configuration file, but "rackup" has no way of conveying that to the > user. The user would just be left with an even worse version > of Unicorn. > > > I'm also under the impression that nobody uses Rainbows! or Zbatery, > yet, so I'd rather users' first impressions of those projects be > through the officially-supported and documented commands. > > Thanks for reading, I hope you agree and revert the change. Hi Eric, I've reverted the commit. Thanks for letting us know. -- Aaron Patterson http://tenderlovemaking.com/