* Problem with Sinatra::Application.root if starting daemonized
@ 2009-09-15  5:37 Andi B.
From: Andi B. @ 2009-09-15  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rack Development

Hi,

if I start my sinatra-app with rackaup without --daemonize everything
works fine and Sinatra::Application.root is the working-directory of
my sinatra-app. But if I add the -D option Sinatra::Application.root
gets my root-dir ("/"). This is something I did not expect. So I
checked the code of the rack 1.0.0 gem and found the line 'Dir.chdir
"/"' (bin/rackup line 161). I commented out this line and everything
works fine. I am not sure about any side-effects, so I wanted to ask
why you explicitly changes the working dir to root if starting
daemonized.

thx
Andi

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-09-15  6:44 UTC | newest]