* Rack::Sendfile and X-Accel-Mapping
@ 2012-07-18 16:20 Theo Cushion
From: Theo Cushion @ 2012-07-18 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

Hi,

I'm using Rack::Sendfile (via Rails) and was wondering if someone could
explain if what I'm experiencing is deliberate, or could be changed.

I've noticed when nginx adds the header "X-Sendfile-Type:
X-Accel-Redirect", then Rack::Sendfile will jump into action. If the header
"X-Accel-Mapping" is missing then it will not interfere. However, if both
of the headers are present it will take over - even if the mapping cannot
be resolved.

This doesn't make sense to me, as if the X-Accel-Mapping does not match the
path of the file that is being attempted to send, then surely Rack:Sendfile
should not interfere so that the file can be sent successfully albeit
less efficiently?

Cheers

Theo