1 files changed, 14 insertions, 1 deletions
@@ -11,15 +11,28 @@ all need to be considered for everything we introduce)
* POP3 server, since some webmail providers support external POP3:
+ Perhaps make this depend solely the NNTP server and work as a proxy.
+ Meaning users can run this without needing a full copy of the
+ archives in a git repository.
+* HTTP and NNTP proxy support. Allow us to be a frontend for
+ firewalled off (or Tor-exclusive) instances. The use case is
+ for offering a publically accessible IP with a cheap VPS,
+ yet storing large amounts of data on computers without a
+ public IP behind a home Internet connection.
* TLS support for various daemons (including STARTTLS for NNTP and POP3)
+* NNTP COMPRESS extension (see innd)
* Combined "super server" for NNTP/HTTP/POP3 to reduce memory overhead
* Optional reply-to-list support for mirroring lists that want it :<
Reply-to-list encourages the existing list as a single-point-of-failure,
but having an extra mirror using public-inbox code is nice regardless.
+* Optional reply-to-nobody for dead lists.
* Configurable linkification for per-inbox shorthands:
"$gmane/123456" could be configured to expand to the
appropriate link pointing to the gmane.org list archives,
@@ -36,7 +49,7 @@ all need to be considered for everything we introduce)
* configurable constants (index limits, search results)
-* handle messages with multiple Message-IDs
+* handle messages with multiple Message-IDs (how?)
* handle broken double-bracketed References properly (maybe)
and totally broken Message-IDs