|author||Eric Wong <email@example.com>||2016-06-25 22:27:55 +0000|
|committer||Eric Wong <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2016-06-25 22:28:48 +0000|
"git cat-file --batch" seems expensive for big repos and loading 70K+ tree objects in git isn't all that fast. Ideas are cheap, time, code, and testing are not :P
1 files changed, 7 insertions, 1 deletions
@@ -18,7 +18,7 @@ TODO items for public-inbox
* Optional reply-to-list support for mirroring lists that want it :<
Reply-to-list encourages the existing list as a single-point-of-failure,
- but having an extra mirror using public-inbox.org is nice regardless.
+ but having an extra mirror using public-inbox code is nice regardless.
* Configurable linkification for per-inbox shorthands:
"$gmane/123456" could be configured to expand to the
@@ -44,6 +44,12 @@ TODO items for public-inbox
* handle Xapian date range queries:
+* Consider storing git blob ID in Xapian doc data to avoid ref
+ and tree lookups based on Message-Id.
+* Allow in-place Xapian updates without clobbering the whole
+ index (versioning each doc data entry?) for big archives
* use REQUEST_URI properly for CGI / mod_perl2 compatibility
with Message-IDs which include '%' (done?)