|author||Eric Wong <email@example.com>||2016-01-04 00:56:07 +0000|
|committer||Eric Wong <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2016-01-04 00:56:07 +0000|
Strongly emphasize decentralization, as that was actually the main impetus for my interest in git.
3 files changed, 18 insertions, 2 deletions
@@ -6,10 +6,13 @@ It is archived at <http://public-inbox.org/meta/>.
Please consider our goals in mind:
- Accessibility, Compatibility, Performance
+ Decentralization, Accessibility, Compatibility, Performance
These goals apply to everyone: users viewing over the web or NNTP,
sysadmins running public-inbox, and other hackers working public-inbox.
+We will reject any feature which advocates or contributes to a particular
+instance of a public-inbox becoming a single point of failure.
See design_www.txt and design_notes.txt in the Documentation/ directory
for design decisions made during development.
@@ -66,7 +66,8 @@ Requirements (participant)
* any MUA which may send text-only emails ("git send-email" works!)
Users are strongly encouraged to use the "reply-all" feature of
- their mailers to reduce the impact of a public-inbox as a SPOF.
+ their mailers to reduce the impact of a public-inbox as a
+ single point of failure.
* participants do not need to install public-inbox, only server admins
@@ -1,5 +1,17 @@
+TODO items for public-inbox
+(Not in any particular order)
* implement RFC 4685 (Atom message threading)
* configurable constants (quote folding, index limits)
* use tags as date-based skiplists for navigating history
+ (maybe not needed with Xapian support nowadays?)
+* handle Xapian date range queries:
+* use REQUEST_URI properly for CGI / mod_perl2 compatibility
+ with Message-IDs which include '%'
+* more test cases (use git fast-import to speed up creation)
+* large mbox/Maildir/MH/NNTP spool import (use git fast-import)
+* remove dependency on ssoma installation (inline the code)
* improve + document mlmmj integration, currently only at: