|author||Eric Wong <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2018-04-19 19:43:59 +0000|
|committer||Eric Wong <email@example.com>||2018-04-19 19:44:21 +0000|
Mainly, v2 stuff is done
1 files changed, 8 insertions, 33 deletions
@@ -25,11 +25,9 @@ all need to be considered for everything we introduce)
* NNTP COMPRESS extension (see innd)
-* Combined "super server" for NNTP/HTTP/POP3 to reduce memory overhead
+* Support more of RFC 3977 (NNTP)
-* Optional reply-to-list support for mirroring lists that want it :<
- Reply-to-list encourages the existing list as a single-point-of-failure,
- but having an extra mirror using public-inbox code is nice regardless.
+* Combined "super server" for NNTP/HTTP/POP3 to reduce memory overhead
* Optional reply-to-nobody for dead lists.
@@ -49,7 +47,7 @@ all need to be considered for everything we introduce)
* configurable constants (index limits, search results)
-* handle messages with multiple Message-IDs (how?)
+* handle messages with multiple Message-IDs (done for v2, doable for v1)
* handle broken double-bracketed References properly (maybe)
and totally broken Message-IDs
@@ -79,33 +77,10 @@ all need to be considered for everything we introduce)
* large mbox/Maildir/MH/NNTP spool import (see PublicInbox::Import)
-* Read-only WebDAV interface to the git repo so it can be mounted
- via davfs2 or fusedav to avoid full clones.
-* Improve tree layout to help giant archives (v2 format):
- * Must be optional; old ssoma users may continue using v1
- * Xapian becomes becomes a requirement when using v2; they
- claim good scalability: https://xapian.org/docs/scalability.html
+* Optionally allow indexing Xapian without positional information to
+ save space (but prevents "quoted phrase" searching).
- * Allow git to perform better deltafication for quoted messages
+* Allow NNTP and more of PSGI code to work without Xapian
- * Changing tree layout for deltafication means we need to handle
- deletes for spam differently than we do now.
- * Deal with duplicate Message-IDs (web UI, at least, not sure about NNTP)
- * (Maybe) SQLite alternatives (MySQL/MariaDB/Pg) for NNTP article
- number mapping: https://www.sqlite.org/whentouse.html
- * Ref rotation (splitting heads by YYYY or YYYY-MM)
- * Support multiple git repos for a single archive?
- This seems gross, but splitting large packs in in git conflicts
- with bitmaps and we want to use both features. Perhaps this
- limitation can be fixed in git instead of merely being documented:
- * Optional history squashing to reduce commit and intermediate
- tree objects
+* Read-only WebDAV interface to the git repo so it can be mounted
+ via davfs2 or fusedav to avoid full clones.