Hi, This is more of a feature request / request for pointers on how to tweak the design to support something, and it might be suited to maintaining as a local patch. The permalinks offered by public-inbox are great, but at Gentoo Linux, we'd like to ALSO continue to offer our historical permalinks. For those, the permalink slug portion was built when the mail arrived into the archives ingest pipeline. Example legacy link: https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/499b958da430b925dbd2f2b58e0f507e We'd need to tweak the index somehow to expose it. That same mail as visible in our public-inbox test site: https://public-inbox.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/538ce05eef3f4df3468cbc7f7abfa90eb2ea7d51.camel@gentoo.org/raw The permalink slug is in the header: X-Archives-Hash: 499b958da430b925dbd2f2b58e0f507e This needs to end up in the Xapian index (which doesn't seem to index headers right now), and then get wired up as a route: On access, redirect to public-inbox permalink. Pointers on where in the codebase to wire up the Xapian side greatly appreciated, since it doesn't seem to be indexing arbitrary headers right now. -- Robin Hugh Johnson Pronouns : They/he E-Mail : robbat2@orbis-terrarum.net