b8f6c9b0d39997a59f4c5527c1b4eb66325be5d0 blob 2517 bytes (raw)
From: Eric Wong <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: [WIP] public-inbox 1.4.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
This release focuses on reproducibility improvements and
bugfixes for corner-cases. Busy instances of PublicInbox::WWW
may also notice memory usage reductions.
Rare messages lacking Date and/or Received headers, mirrors now
fallback to using the git author/commit times to reindex those
messages to ensure search and filtering queries behave the same
in mirrors as they do on the original machine.
"altid" SQLite dumps are now accessible to all over the WWW
interface via `POST /$INBOX/$ALTID.sql.gz'.
Busy instances of PublicInbox::WWW (whether via
public-inbox-httpd or another PSGI server) may notice
significant memory usage reductions from the single message
"permalink" lifetime optimization. There also ongoing work to
improve memory lifetime management to reduce the potential for
memory fragmentation in daemons.
* general changes:
- `include.*' directives in the public-inbox-config(5) file
are now honored as documented in git-config(1),
thanks to Andreas Rottmann.
- `+0000' is assumed for dates missing TZ offsets;
thanks to Leah Neukirchen for spotting this regression from
- `<' and `>' characters are dropped to avoid errors in git
in addresses for git, thanks again to Leah for noticing
this long-standing bug.
- reduced memory use for single message "permalink" view
- code preload improved to reduce memory fragmentation
- remove redundant "a=" parameter in links to solver
- escape '&' in hrefs properly
- fix optional address obfuscation in search results
- `POST /$INBOX/$ALTID.sql.gz' endpoint to retrieve SQLite dumps
* public-inbox-httpd + public-inbox-nntpd:
- fix SIGUSR2 upgrade in worker-less instances (-W0)
- fix RFC 7230 conformance when Content-Length and "chunked"
are both specified
- reproduce original date and time stamps in mirrors for messages
lacking Date: and/or Received: headers
- new `--compact' (or `-c') switch to perform the equivalent of
public-inbox-compact(1) after indexing each inbox
- Documentation/technical/data_structures.txt add for new hackers.
Please report bugs via plain-text mail to: email@example.com
See archives at https://public-inbox.org/meta/ for all history.
See https://public-inbox.org/TODO for what the future holds.
solving b8f6c9b0 ...
found b8f6c9b0 in https://80x24.org/public-inbox.git
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).