Hi Kuba, On Sun, 28 Aug 2016, Jakub Narębski wrote: > W dniu 25.08.2016 o 14:58, Johannes Schindelin pisze: > > On Mon, 22 Aug 2016, Eric Wong wrote: > >> Johannes Schindelin wrote: > >> > >>> I just want developers who are already familiar with Git, and come up with > >>> an improvement to Git itself, to be able to contribute it without having > >>> to pull out their hair in despair. > >> > >> We want the same thing. I just want to go farther and get > >> people familiar with (federated|decentralized) tools instead of > >> proprietary and centralized ones. > > > > Why require users to get familiar with (federated|decentralized) tools > > *unless* they make things provably more convenient? So far, I only see > > that this would add to the hurdle, not improve things. > > Arguably for some federated/decentralized tools are preferred > (for philosophical reasons), even if they do not achieve even feature > parity with centralized tools (c.f. FSF). This statement is false. If you had talked about *your* preference, it would be true. But to state that federated/decentralized tools are universally preferred is nonsense. You know as well as I do that most users/contributors go for convenience. And if you require an inconvenient step (e.g. subscribing to a federated/decentralized philosophy), most potential contributors simply stop being potential contributors. End of story. Ciao, Johannes