* [PATCH] TODO: several updates
@ 2017-02-07 22:47 7% Eric Wong
0 siblings, 0 replies; 1+ results
From: Eric Wong @ 2017-02-07 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
Always plenty to do while working on this...
TODO | 15 ++++++++++++++-
1 file changed, 14 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/TODO b/TODO
index b85887a..3163b8a 100644
@@ -11,15 +11,28 @@ all need to be considered for everything we introduce)
* POP3 server, since some webmail providers support external POP3:
+ Perhaps make this depend solely the NNTP server and work as a proxy.
+ Meaning users can run this without needing a full copy of the
+ archives in a git repository.
+* HTTP and NNTP proxy support. Allow us to be a frontend for
+ firewalled off (or Tor-exclusive) instances. The use case is
+ for offering a publically accessible IP with a cheap VPS,
+ yet storing large amounts of data on computers without a
+ public IP behind a home Internet connection.
* TLS support for various daemons (including STARTTLS for NNTP and POP3)
+* NNTP COMPRESS extension (see innd)
* Combined "super server" for NNTP/HTTP/POP3 to reduce memory overhead
* Optional reply-to-list support for mirroring lists that want it :<
Reply-to-list encourages the existing list as a single-point-of-failure,
but having an extra mirror using public-inbox code is nice regardless.
+* Optional reply-to-nobody for dead lists.
* Configurable linkification for per-inbox shorthands:
"$gmane/123456" could be configured to expand to the
appropriate link pointing to the gmane.org list archives,
@@ -36,7 +49,7 @@ all need to be considered for everything we introduce)
* configurable constants (index limits, search results)
-* handle messages with multiple Message-IDs
+* handle messages with multiple Message-IDs (how?)
* handle broken double-bracketed References properly (maybe)
and totally broken Message-IDs
^ permalink raw reply [relevance 7%]
Results 1-1 of 1 | reverse | sort options + mbox downloads above
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2017-02-07 22:47 7% [PATCH] TODO: several updates Eric Wong
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).