* can lei require Inline::C?
@ 2021-02-02 10:09 Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2021-02-02 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta

Performance and interactivity suck without being able to use FD
passing (especially tab completions).  And having to maintain
and separate code paths is a huge time sink...

Inline::C is packaged by every relevant distro (unlike
Socket::Msghdr), and I figure anybody who uses lei at this stage
will have a C compiler...

It would let us use io-uring and maybe some other things
more easily, too (and I miss hacking in C).

* Re: can lei require Inline::C?
@ 2021-02-03  0:02 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2021-02-03  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: meta

Eric Wong writes:

> Performance and interactivity suck without being able to use FD
> passing (especially tab completions).  And having to maintain
> and separate code paths is a huge time sink...
>
> Inline::C is packaged by every relevant distro (unlike
> Socket::Msghdr), and I figure anybody who uses lei at this stage
> will have a C compiler...

Yeah, I'd figure the same, so my uninformed guess/opinion is that the
separate code paths aren't worth the trouble.