In NixOS, the best way for us to provide a public-inbox module would be to generate the configuration file ahead of time, and then initialize inboxes that don't already exist at some reasonable time during boot. public-inbox-init tries to write a config file in addition to initializing an inbox. My initial idea was to just eschew public-inbox-init for doing git init --bare myself, which works great for V1 repositories, but I'd really like to be generating V2 ones. Since the V2 initialization isn't encapsulated in one easy command, I'm wondering what the best way to accomplish initialization without writing a config file or asking for unnecessary information is. I could just run public-inbox-init with PI_CONFIG=/dev/null, but then it's still not clear to me what information about the mailbox the script requires to be able to initialize the mailbox. Looking at the code, I see that at least the primary address is passed to PublicInbox::Inbox, but I'm not sure what that would actually be used for inside the inbox. So, what would the best thing for me to do here be? To summarise, I'd like to generate V2 inboxes while providing as little information about the inbox as possible, and without writing a config file.