Mateusz Loskot wrote: > On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 at 09:50, Eric Wong wrote: >> The way I see it is: whatever color scheme I choose will make >> some people unhappy. That's why I make sure it's customizable >> via user CSS and the CSS class names remain stable. > > I agree. Then, why not keep the no theme. I guess, that was a matter of implementing semantic colour highlighting of diffs and code. Alas, CSS is not Emacs themes and it doesn’t support calculating colours relatively, so you have to either (user-friendly way) make some reasonable assumptions about basic colours or (foolproof way) enforce them. On the other hand, items of personal taste, such as undecorated links, I believe, got into the published stylesheet simply by mistake. >> "prefers-color-scheme" media queries may be used to set >> to respect user preferences in future browsers. FWIW, Mozilla implemented it a week ago. Also, there has always been a standard, yet pretty weird, and hence not widely used, way to choose a stylesheet for a given page among several alternatives: + ‘Default-Style’ HTTP header.