From: Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@linuxfoundation.org>
To: Bram Adams <bram.adams@polymtl.ca>
Cc: Eric Wong <e@80x24.org>, meta@public-inbox.org
Subject: Re: Has anyone tried importing lkml?
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 15:54:10 -0500	[thread overview]

On 2018-01-15 03:42 PM, Bram Adams wrote:
> Hi Konstantin,
>
>> Bram, we're looking at various available options for hosting publicly
>> accessible archives of LKML, together with a searchable/threadable web
>> frontend. I know this is directly related to the work you've been doing
>> with cregit, and I wonder if you would be able to provide Eric with full
>> LKML archives for some initial testing. It's probably something cregit
>> can benefit from, too, should we start providing this service.
>
> Yes, we have a copy of the full history until August 2016 of LKML and 130 other mailing lists in mbox form. They are on the cregit server you provided us.

Found them. Is October 2000 the beginning of LKML, or just the beginning
of the archive? I'm actually unsure of the history of the list. :)

> From cregit’s point of view, we are interested in any form of email archive that:
>  * is up-to-date
>  * parses the emails into metadata, patches, patch series, …
>  * is quick to query

Looks like we're getting unblocked for these resources, so we may be
able to set up that LKML-specific patchwork instance for you -- but
that's a separate thread that should probably stay off this list.

Best,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Director, IT Infrastructure Security