Hello Eric, On Thu, Mar 04, 2021 at 08:12:35AM +0000, Eric Wong wrote: > Uwe Kleine-König wrote: > > Hello, > > > > just a quick note to let you know that I uploaded public-inbox to > > Debian. The required review process by the ftp team was completed very > > quickly and the public-inbox package already landed in Debian sid. > > Awesome, thank you. I guess the next release (bullseye) is > starting to freeze. For bullseye it's already too late, see https://release.debian.org/bullseye/freeze_policy.html#soft > I've been trying to get a new release out ASAP but there's too > much left to do :< > > > https://tracker.debian.org/news/1234849/accepted-public-inbox-160-1-all-source-into-unstable-unstable/ > > Any particular reason the package is 1.6.0-1 despite the > > "* Include changes from upstream bugfix release 1.6.1" > > change entry? Anyways, no big deal and thanks again for all > your work. Funny you ask. I chose to do it that way because I expected that an eventual 1.7.0 release won't include 1.6.1 as an ancestor and I thought it a good idea to have my upstream branch to be fast-forward only. Just before seeing your mail I already asked around for a nicer solution in the corresponding Debian irc channel, maybe I just have to accept a non-ff upstream branch. Shouldn't be a big deal. Your mail is just another confirmation that the currently used scheme is a bad idea. (Another is that the packaging page[1] nags that there is another upstream release that should be packaged.) Best regards Uwe [1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/public-inbox -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |