From: Eric Wong <e@80x24.org>
To: Leah Neukirchen <leah@vuxu.org>
Cc: meta@public-inbox.org
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] public-inbox 1.6.0
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 21:17:27 +0000

Leah Neukirchen <leah@vuxu.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the release!

You're welcome!

> > * Upgrading for new features in 1.6

<snip>

> I did all these steps in this order, NNTP works fine but IMAP shows
> all folders as empty.  Any ideas how to debug this?

Any chance you're hitting "$NEWSGROUP" and not "$NEWSGROUP.0"?

I had to split the mailboxes into slices (".0"-".$N") to deal
with client-side limitations; so "$NEWSGROUP" is just an empty
folder with sub-folders containing messages.

Otherwise, stdout should have a trace of commands issued by the
client, and strace/truss/tcpdump/etc should show more...

It's been a while since I've really touched this part of the
IMAP code (and it's been a long year :x), but I don't think I
ever saw something like this while working on it.