From: Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@linuxfoundation.org>
To: Eric Wong <e@yhbt.net>
Cc: meta@public-inbox.org
Subject: Re: what storage system(s) are you using?
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 13:32:37 -0400

On Wed, Aug 05, 2020 at 03:11:27AM +0000, Eric Wong wrote:
> I've been mostly using ext4 on SSDs since I started public-inbox
> and it works well.

As you know, I hope to move lore.kernel.org to a system with a hybrid
lvm-cache setup, specifically:

12 x 1.8TB rotational drives set up in a lvm raid-6 array
2  x 450GB SSD drives are lvm-cache volume

This gives up 18TB capacity with a 900GB cache layer, and the FS on top
of that is XFS.

This is what is currently serving mirrors.edge.kernel.org (4 nodes
around the world).

Current lore.kernel.org just uses an AWS EBS disk, but since AWS is a
blackbox, there's no knowing what sorts of levels of abstraction are
beneath that.

-K