* [ANNOUNCE] public-inbox 1.5.0
@ 2020-05-10 7:04 Eric Wong
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2020-05-10 7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
This release introduces a new pure-Perl lazy email parser,
PublicInbox::Eml, which uses roughly 10% less memory and
is up to 2x faster than Email::MIME. This is a major
Limits commonly enforced by MTAs are also enforced in the
new parser, as messages may bypass MTA transports.
Email::MIME and other Email::* modules are no longer
dependencies nor used at all outside of maintainer validation
- `--max-size=SIZE' CLI switch and `publicinbox.indexMaxSize'
config file option added to prevent indexing of overly
- List-Id headers are indexed in new messages, old messages
can be found after `--reindex'.
- multiple values of `publicinbox.<name>.watchheader' are
now supported, thanks to Kyle Meyer
- List-Id headers are matched case-insensitively as specified
by RFC 2919
- $INBOX_DIR/description and $INBOX_DIR/cloneurl are not
memoized if missing
- improved display of threads, thanks to Kyle Meyer
- search for List-Id is available via `l:' prefix if indexed
- all encodings are preloaded at startup to reduce fragmentation
- diffstat linkification and highlighting are stricter and
less likely to linkify tables in cover letters
- fix hunk header links to solver which were off-by-one line,
thanks again to Kyle Meyer
Release tarball available for download over HTTPS or Tor .onion:
Please report bugs via plain-text mail to: email@example.com
See archives at https://public-inbox.org/meta/ for all history.
See https://public-inbox.org/TODO for what the future holds.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-05-10 7:04 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-05-10 7:04 [ANNOUNCE] public-inbox 1.5.0 Eric Wong
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).