* [ANNOUNCE] public-inbox 1.4.0
@ 2020-04-17 8:48 Eric Wong
2020-04-22 6:48 ` Eric Wong
0 siblings, 1 reply; 2+ messages in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2020-04-17 8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
This release focuses on reproducibility improvements and
bugfixes for corner-cases. Busy instances of PublicInbox::WWW
may also notice memory usage reductions.
For rare messages lacking Date and/or Received headers, mirrors
now fall back to using the git author/commit times to reindex
them. This ensures search and filtering queries behave
identically on mirrors as they do on the original machine.
"altid" SQLite dumps are now accessible to all over the WWW
interface via `POST /$INBOX/$ALTID.sql.gz'.
Busy instances of PublicInbox::WWW (whether via
public-inbox-httpd or another PSGI server) may notice
significant memory usage reductions from the single message
"permalink" lifetime optimization. There also ongoing work to
improve memory lifetime management to reduce the potential for
memory fragmentation in daemons.
* general changes:
- `include.*' directives in the public-inbox-config(5) file
are now honored as documented in git-config(1),
thanks to Andreas Rottmann.
- `+0000' is assumed for dates missing TZ offsets;
thanks to Leah Neukirchen for spotting this regression from
- `<' and `>' characters are dropped to avoid errors in git
in addresses for git, thanks again to Leah for noticing
this long-standing bug.
- memory reductions for message display and rendering
- code preload improved to reduce memory fragmentation
- remove redundant "a=" parameter in links to solver
- escape '&' in hrefs properly
- fix optional address obfuscation in search results
- `POST /$INBOX/$ALTID.sql.gz' endpoint to retrieve SQLite dumps
* public-inbox-httpd + public-inbox-nntpd:
- fix SIGUSR2 upgrade in worker-less instances (-W0)
- fix RFC 7230 conformance when Content-Length and "chunked"
are both specified
- reproduce original date and time stamps in mirrors for messages
lacking Date: and/or Received: headers
- new `--compact' (or `-c') switch to perform the equivalent of
public-inbox-compact(1) after indexing each inbox
- add Documentation/technical/data_structures.txt for new hackers
* scripts/import_vger_from_mbox: (not really a production-level script)
- fix ">From" unescaping thanks to a bug report from Kyle Meyer
Thanks to Andreas Rottmann, Leah Neukirchen and Kyle Meyer
for their contributions to this release.
Release tarball available for download over HTTPS or Tor .onion:
Please report bugs via plain-text mail to: email@example.com
See archives at https://public-inbox.org/meta/ for all history.
See https://public-inbox.org/TODO for what the future holds.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] 2+ messages in thread
end of thread, other threads:[~2020-04-22 6:48 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: 2+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-04-17 8:48 [ANNOUNCE] public-inbox 1.4.0 Eric Wong
2020-04-22 6:48 ` Eric Wong
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).