From: Eric Wong <e@yhbt.net>
To: Thomas Schneider <qsx@chaotikum.eu>
Cc: meta@public-inbox.org
Subject: Re: p-i Gentoo package
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 00:30:48 +0000

Thomas Schneider <qsx@chaotikum.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’ve created a package for Gentoo to ease installing public-inbox.  It
> is located in my overlay[0], which can be activated with `layman -a qsx`
> or `eselect repository enable qsx`.

Thanks Thomas.  I don't know much about Gentoo these days, but
hopefully it wasn't too difficult for you to install or package.

Fwiw, I'm actively working on ways to make it more flexible to
accomodate more existing packages in OSes.

> [0]: https://github.com/qsuscs/gentoo-overlay/tree/main/net-mail/public-inbox
>
> Feel free to comment or suggest improvements (especially in the form of
> patches :p ).

Likewise, our INSTALL doc should probably mention OS packages
with links to maintainer contact info since Void, Nix, and maybe
some others have it packaged.